This December I'll be publishing an advent calendar of Git top tips; a new tip or trick every day. I'll make sure to keep it a good mix of basic topics that useful for beginners (or just a good reminder) and a bit more complex topics to make sure that it's approachable for everyone.
I'll keep this page updated as I go; I hope you enjoy!
- Day 1:
gitattributesfor Text Files
- Day 2: Fixup Commits and autosquash
- Day 3: Oh Shit, Git!
- Day 4: 2FA and Git Credential Manager
- Day 5: Review Pull Requests Locally
- Day 6: GitKraken
- Day 7: Git Merge
- Day 8: Git LFS
- Day 9: git lol
- Day 10: Add a .gitignore
- Day 11: Removing (newly) ignored files
- Day 12:
git log --since
- Day 13: Setting Files Executable on Windows
- Day 14:
.gitattributesfor Binary Files
- Day 15: Tower
- Day 16: All Things Git